Thursday, April 07, 2005

Lost - Episode 20 ("Do No Harm")

I'm left speechless and in desperate need of lots of tissues after finishing off the latest episode. Despite the fact that it's almost midnight and I have to get up early tomorrow morning, I just absolutely had to post how amazing it was. I didn't get caught up in the series until around February and then watched the first fifteen episodes in a matter of about a week and have been fiending for my next new fix ever since then (now I know how Charlie must have felt during those first few episodes).

Anyway, I thought the entire episode was magnificent. The parallels between the present and Jack's past, the growing trust and bonding between characters, and the very moving representation of the cycle of life... that last point sure hit me hard and had me sniffling for at least the last ten minutes of the episode. The only other television series that has made my eyes well up like that was Everwood.

Hats off to JJ Abrams and the rest of the crew of Lost for a fantastic show and another spectacular episode. I just wish we didn't have to wait until next month for the next episode, unlike Abrams' other series Alias premiering a new episode weekly from January 5th to May 25th. I hope that's enough to hold me over until then. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home