Sunday, April 10, 2005

「創聖のアクエリオン」 Holy Genesis Aquarion - Episode 01 - The Memory of the Heavenly Wings

Aquarion logo

"Look... another Evangelion ripoff..." was my first thought after reading a synopsis online (the title and logo are even very similar). The reviews on it were fairly positive and it sounded interesting, so I queued the torrent up and gave it a fair shot.

Twenty three minutes after the first images scrolled down my screen, the episode ended and I felt like I had just been on the world's biggest and most animated virtual roller-coaster ride. Twenty-three minutes of non-stop action, wickedly-slick eye-bleeding kick-ass animation, giant robots morphing/fighting/shooting/etc, and more. I cannot say how surprised I was by this one, and the fansubbing group that did this one (mahou fansubs) seemed to do a nice job with the translation and subtitles.

The only thing I didn't like about it is that it ended and I have to wait for more. =) I'm really hoping that the quality of the animation doesn't drop out either, but it's entirely possible that a larger-than-normal budget was allocated for the first episode only to draw lots of people in. *sigh* 25 episodes to go, 25 weeks to go... let's just hope the rest of the series is as fantastic as this first episode was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home