Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Word of the day

noc·tur·nal (nŏk-tûr'nəl)
adj.

  1. Of, relating to, or occurring in the night: nocturnal stillness.
  2. Botany. Having flowers that open during the night.
  3. Zoology. Most active at night: nocturnal animals.
[Middle English, from Old French, from Late Latin nocturnālis, from Latin nocturnus, from nox, noct-, night.]
(taken from answers.com)



I used to like being nocturnal, but now I'm more of a day person. Working nights now is tough, especially since I come in to work with two dozen emails waiting for me. It's just a change since I'm used to handling each "crisis of the hour" as it comes up, rather than all at once when I get in at 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

I just keep reminding myself that I'm doing it for the kids. Rather than paying too much money for someone else to raise my kids five days a week, I stay home with them and enjoy our time together. We watched Cinderella today, since Kaylee loves it so much. Not my favorite movie, but definitely very amazing to look at on DVD, compared to what I remember it looking like on VHS many years ago.

Nocturnal (adj.): sacrificing for your loved ones. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home