Monday, February 13, 2006

Another year older

Well, my birthday is over and I'm now officially another year older. While it wasn't quite the big deal I was hoping it would be, it was definitely more than what I did last year... absolutely nothing. Big thanks go out to Manda for the idea, and much appreciation to her, Chris, and Tarmin for showing up at Chili's for some yummy food and conversation.  Yay, I feel loved, despite the small number of people that actually showed up, but I know lots of you guys have families or other plans and some weren't even in-state this weekend.  The person I was actually hoping to hear something from only disappointed me by staying typically silent... my father.

Yeah, the bum that left me and my mom before I was even a year old and hasn't played a part in my life at all ever.  Out of all the people here on MySpace, that was the last one I expected to find, but here he is.  It's eerie looking at his profile and seeing how much I have in common with the lazy bum, and trust me I've looked over it many times since I found it over a month ago.  It took me a month to finally decide to contact him and let him know that he is a grandfather now.  I suppose being a bit less abrasive in my message might have helped, but I expected at least some sort of reply, even if it was just as abrasive but all I got was silence instead.  My family always said to just forget about him and leave him alone, but I guess it's curiosity and human nature to want to at least try and make contact... guess I should have listened.

Well, it's the start of a whole new week, so I shouldn't let it get me down.  There's lots of hope and possibility, so here's hoping the fates are kind to me this week.  Happy Monday everyone.

Currently listening to:
Lateralus
By Tool
Release date: 15 May, 2001

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home