Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Mastoiditis

Sounds painful, doesn't it? It almost sounds like some rare disease where you turn into a massive and extinct furry creature with a long nose.  Well, it's not that bad, but it's still not a good thing. And of all the things to happen to a 3-year-old, it's not the most pleasant, either.  Here is more info on the condition.

I feel so odd not having Kaylee at home with me right now.  She's currently recovering at Banner Mesa Hospital, sleeping in her room with her mother.  I spent all day with Kaylee, trying my best to keep her happy and calm while the ER staff stuck thermometers up her butt, poked her with needles, prodded her ears and neck, and scraped and cleaned out built-up gunk from her ear canals.  It's been quite an exausting day for me--I can hardly imagine how much more miserable she was during all of this, on top of not feeling well.

As usual, I had to be the responsible parent and step up to the plate today.  Despite my protests last night, Andrea still decided to go in to work today and couldn't be reached until about 6:30pm when she finally returned home.  Discount Cab was totally inept at getting me a ride this morning, despite calling over two hours ahead of time to request a cab with child seats.  So I had to push two separate strollers a mile from home to the daycare to drop off Feydra and then walked around the corner to the emergency room of the hospital.

I spent the rest of the day getting that odd feeling of deja-vu because I had a series of dreams this morning that detailed the problem and what the doctors would tell me.  Since there were no real surprises, I had plenty of time and attention to give to Kaylee.  Now my entire body is sore from holding her all day so I'm going to try and get some well-deserved sleep.  Hopefully the poor little kiddo will get some good rest tonight as well and get released tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home