Sunday, March 26, 2006

Color quiz

Dan's Existing Situation

Sensuous. Inclined to luxuriate in the things which give gratification to the senses, but rejects anything tasteless, vulgar, or coarse.

Dan's Stress Sources

The tenacity and strength of will necessary to contend with existing difficulties has become weakened. Feels overtaxed, worn out, and getting nowhere, but continues to stand his ground. He feels this adverse situation as an actual tangible pressure which is intolerable to him and from which he wants to escape, but he feels unable to make the necessary decision.

Dan's Restrained Characteristics

Wants to broaden his fields of activity and insists that his hopes and ideas are realistic. Distressed by the fear that he may be prevented from doing what he wants; needs both peaceful conditions and quiet reassurance to restore his confidence.

Feels that things stand in his way, that circumstances are forcing him to compromise and forgo some pleasures for the time being.

Dan's Desired Objective

Needs release from stress. Longs for peace, tranquillity, and contentment.

Dan's Actual Problem

Tensions and stresses induced by trying to cope with conditions which are really beyond his capabilities or reserves of strength have led to considerable anxiety, and a sense of personal (but admitted) inadequacy. He seeks to escape into a more peaceful and problem-free situation, in which he will no longer have to assert himself or contend with so much pressure.

Take the ColorQuiz yourself right now!

Okay, it's not too far off from the truth. The only thing I'd argue against is the "unable to make the necessary decision" bit... I've got a tangible cause of stress in my life but things are quickly lining up to rectify the situation. The divorce paperwork is filed, the search for a new apartment is drawing to a close, finances are settling into a positive position, and things overall are relatively quiet and stable. I still daydream about living in a place that looks like a old Japanese home, complete with a pond full of koi and a tranquility garden, but that will probably have to remain a daydream for a while.

And yes, I admit that I push myself too far too often. I exhaust myself because I want the best for my kids and for myself. I aim for the stars and hope to hit the moon. I'm a restless perfectionist and hopeless romantic, so I'm rarely content with the present and always trying to exceed my past accomplishments. My disappointments are quite often the results of my own unattainable and overreaching goals. But isn't that the point of life? To be constantly learning and evolving into something better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home