Sunday, April 29, 2007

It makes cents, and it all adds up.

Mike, an old co-worker of mine, once told me about a German proverb that roughly translates to "He who doesn't value a penny, doesn't deserve a dollar."  Despite the fact that I'm now making about double in pay than I was at the time I heard that proverb, my outlook on money hasn't changed much at all.  I still buy the store brand of cereal, keep an eye out for sales or clearance items, and shop around to find the best bargains.  Then today, I sure felt the true meaning of that proverb at Fry's grocery store, as I cashed in all of my pocket change collected since the beginning of the year.  After feeding the CoinStar machine for about 10 minutes, my final total of spare change came out to $139.90 with one dirty dime that the machine refused to recognize.  That's $140 of pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters that I've received in change from all of the food, drinks, movies, gas, and other things I've purchased in the past four months.  Wow, it really does add up, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home