Saturday, December 10, 2005

Dead car

Ugh, my car died again on Thursday afternoon. Our dealership won't get to it until Monday morning, but they don't charge us for labor and only charge their actual cost for parts, so hopefully it'll be worth the wait. But today most of my body is sore from riding my bike a total of about 25 miles to and from work. Public transportation here sucks--it would have taken about the same amount of time for me to get to work using the city bus, plus have to put up with all of the weirdos. And I don't have enough money to spare for a rental car, so that was out of the question. Luckily my raise will take effect on my paycheck this coming Friday, including retroactive back pay owed to me from the past one or two paychecks, so I should have plenty of extra money then to throw at the car (hopefully I won't have to). And I must also thank my grandparents for the holiday cash I just received in the mail that will all probably go towards repairs. I probably will have to go in to work tomorrow again, since I'm short about 14 hours thanks to the car's dramatic recovery and second death this week, so hopefully I'm feeling better then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home