Saturday, December 31, 2005

More grumblings

As if it hasn't been a crappy enough day, having sat in the car dealership for almost six hours with two restless and tired kids, Andrea goes and pulls bullshit to end all bullshit on me tonight. All week long, she has been nagging me to keep calling the dealership so that I can take care of what she says is supposed to be my car. I picked her up from work this afternoon and she complimented how nice my car is and how jealous she was of my car. All this time, she has been referring to this as my car, until it suddenly becomes convenient enough to her to call it our car instead.

She had to use the car this afternoon to go to the local T-Mobile store and take care of her account since her phone was stolen this morning at work. While she was out, she made plans to have three of her friends meet up with her here at my apartment (which I am still being nice and letting her stay for no charge for the time being) without telling me. All of these people start showing up out of the blue, surprising me and the kids in the middle of dinner. She finally makes it back, late as usual, changes clothes and starts out the door casually mentioning to everyone else that they're going in her new Buick.

At the time, I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, so I asked her to put some gas in the tank since I knew it was low already. She turns around and walks back to me with attitude and exasperatingly asks me, "Excuse me? You want me to fill up the gas tank all the way?!" I told her I knew the tank was almost empty and it would only be smart and fair if she put some gas in, not completely full but just some. Suddenly, she pulls out the us excuse and says that the car is part hers so she can go out and didn't have to tell me about it. I'm sure it was intentionally planned this way so that I wouldn't be able to say "No" easily in front three people that came across town to meet her, expecting a ride.

I just don't understand how or why she would think she has any right to pull crap like this. As far as I can remember, virtually every penny spent on the previous (now dead) car was from my paycheck. Part of the down payment came out of our tax return (which was reduced because she didn't have her employer take any federal tax out), but besides the rare occasion she put gas in the tank, I paid for the previous car. Today, I put down $200 down at the dealership and $198 at the car insurance place, and I expect I'll be making all of the payments on the car as well, besides the tax return (which once again is short because she didn't have federal tax withheld) payment they're taking for the rest of the down payment. If it weren't for her lack of responsibility, she would still have her own car and both of our credits wouldn't have a reposession on it, and it would have been easier for me to get another car from almost anywhere else more quickly.

Am I just being stupid? I'm tired, having been up since 6AM so that I could drop her off at work and then go to the dealership with the kids to drop off their loaner car and get my car. I don't think it's just me being tired and grumpy. Her favorite phrase is that people are walking all over her, and now it looks to me that she's doing just that to me. What a f*cking craptacular way to end the year....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home