Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Sweet lust

For some, it's coffee or cappuccino or whatever the trendy thing of the day is at Starbucks. For others, it's a cigarette. For me, it's cookies. It's one of the first things you have in the morning to get your blood going and the brain cranking, and it's one long and grumpy morning without it.

I used to be able to buy a soft and massive cookie from the vending machine here at work for a buck, but for almost two weeks now they have been mysteriously absent. I fear the worst... they will never make a return, despite how well they sold. (This was probably in no small part due to my efforts.) So for almost two weeks now I have been fiending for cookies, and apparently my lust for the sweet has also made me a semi-celebrity up in Minnesota with the other half of our department despite none of them ever having met me.

So I've been having to settle for the occasional fresh-baked cookies from Subway when I get lunch there, or something else like S'mores Pop Tarts from the vending machine. Don't get me wrong, fresh Subway cookies are wonderful and so are Pop Tarts (except the strawberry ones), but nothing beats a humongous cookie first thing in the morning. Thank the gods for Fry's Food which had a box of massive fresh chocolate chip cookies on sale yesterday for $2.99 which has satiated my hunger temporarily. I have one more tempting me on my desk right now, so I hope they keep selling these as they normally haven't been carrying ones of this size at the one close to my apartment.

Viva la cookie!!

Currently listening to:
Operation: Mindcrime
By Queensrÿche
Release date: 03 May, 1988

1 Comments:

At 2/22/2006 10:30 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Hi Dan:

Came across your blog today. We use the same template, but yours is nicer. How did you widen the column space for your posts? And get the footer to show? I am a HTML virgin, and need some help. Thanks. I'm greg.lang@mindspring.com or gregoryelang.blogspot.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home