Saturday, January 07, 2006

Recovery

The maligned miscreant has returned home. (I've always wanted to use that phrase.) The automated information system I called said the release time was supposed to be about 3:45am, but it took an extra 4 hours. She got a ride from someone and made it back here about 8:30am. I'm just grateful that I didn't have to drive across town with the kids to pick her up in the freezing cold. Yes, it actually gets that cold, but that's because the prison was in Buckeye where there seems to be more farms and open land than buildings to trap the warmth.

Now I have to figure out how to get the car back. I got the new insurance card last night, so hopefully that will be enough to get it released. A trek back downtown to their main office and $139 should do it. Then I'll probably have to drop the rental car off here in our apartment parking lot and ride my bike to the towing yard where my car is being held. Luckily that's only about 20-30 minutes' ride away from here and the Blue Beast should have enough trunk room to stash the bike. Andrea is scared to death to drive and I'd rather not have anyone else driving my car or the rental car just to be safe.

If all goes well, I should finally be able to get in to work and make up some of the hours I missed this week. Onward to the road to recovery...

1 Comments:

At 1/07/2006 2:03 PM, Blogger CrimsonFox said...

ouch my friend. I hope things get better for you really soon. I'll do my best to petetion the gods favor for you ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home