Friday, August 11, 2006

So long and thanks for the free work

I had brought my book with me to read in the waiting room, but I couldn't help but overhear a story on the local news playing on the television. I was upset at hearing the news, but my emotions probably pale compared to the anger felt by the employees of the Krispy Kreme donut shops located in Arizona.

Apparently all locations in Arizona closed up this morning with absolutely no warning at all and managers were instructed not to hand out paychecks because they would not be worth anything and couldn't be cashed. So not only do we lose some of the best donuts around, but the employees that made our sweet treats have basically worked for free the past week.

If you don't understand how sad it is to lose Krispy Kreme, you haven't had a hot glazed donut freshly made from their shop. It practically melts in your mouth and is so deliciously addictive, but now they're gone from the state of Arizona. Now I need to find another place to get my sugar fix... hopefully Cinnabon doesn't close down anytime soon. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home