Saturday, April 23, 2005

Fighting the fates

It's just been one of those weeks. No matter what you do or how hard you try to fight back, life just keeps throwing obstacles in your way to stop you or slow you down. I've felt extra-tired all week and am still trying to make up lost hours at work to make that 40-hour mark. (Not even enough time to post stuff here, either!) On the bright side, this Friday was payday but unfortunately my paycheck was over $125 short because I've been missing work a lot lately for various reasons.

Despite the smaller-than-usual paycheck, I still have some extra spending cash and I've used a little of it to turn one of my dreams into reality. Even my new tarot deck seems to agree with me that this could be a good thing. Over a week ago, I had a dream where I was wearing clothing that I had specially customized towards paganism... it had a pentacle on it and some neat Celtic knotwork. After doing a little research on the internet, it doesn't look like there's much out there like what I had in mind. So over the course of yesterday and today among all the errands and work, I picked up everything to start selling a few items on eBay. I started small and tried to come up with unique and different ideas and hope to work my way up to larger and more elaborate stuff, possibly even getting expensive professional equipment someday if this turns out well.

So I laugh at the fates, trying to drag me down and put a damper on my spirit. We'll see how this little venture turns out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home